The aim of the health technology assessments is to achieve:
- Greater transparency of direct costs and other costs associated with the introduction and use of medical devices
- An increased understanding of the cost effectiveness
- Better use of existing resources for knowledge based assessments that are applicable and available for the whole of Sweden
- A more knowledge based and equitable use of medical devices throughout Sweden
- Promotion of a managed introduction of medical devices in Sweden
The target audience for TLV’s medical device health technology assessments primarily are decision makers at regional and region council level but also include government agencies, patient associations, researchers and health care providers, as well as medical device producers and distributers. Health technology assessments produced by TLV are designed support to decision makers and clinicians in organizing and providing health care by providing clear and comprehensive information.