Report in English on the Swedish model for pricing and reimbursement of
The Dental and Pharmaceutical Benefits Agency has published a report on the Swedish healthcare system with focus on pricing and reimbursement of pharmaceuticals.
The report describes how the provision of healthcare is organized and financed in Sweden. Pricing and reimbursement of pharmaceuticals used in the out-patient sector is described more extensively.
The report covers several topics, such as:
- value based pricing and market entry agreements
- substitution and price linkages
- health coverage and co-payments
- organization and financing
- challenges and future developments
– The main reason for writing this report is that there is an interest in the pricing and reimbursement process in Sweden. We hope that it will provide information on key issues to health care professionals and persons interested in the pharmaceutical market, but may have different references than the Swedish system, says Svante Rasmuson, Head of unit at TLV.
The report is based on a template that has been developed within a network for pricing and reimbursement agencies and organizations engaged in the pharmaceutical market (PPRI). TLV will host a PPRI-network meeting in Stockholm on the 27–28 of April.
PPRI, Pharmaceutical Pricing and Reimbursement Information, network provides a basis for information sharing between pricing and reimbursement agenizes in different countries engaged in the pharmaceutical market. The members represent more than 40 regulatory bodies as well as the European Commission, OECD and the World Bank. The network is a WHO Collaborating Centre for Pharmaceutical Pricing and Reimbursement Policies.
Publicerad 24 april 2017